- Knitting used to be a men-only profession, protected by guilds.
- In many countries, knitting is (or used to be) taught to all children; and historically, all children were involved in wool preparation, including carding and spinning.
- Many men involved in fishing or sheep farming were knitters, as often, were soldiers.
- My father (below) taught me to knit, and his lacework was something to behold.
- Some videos:
- Men Who Knit and their local groups seem to have moved to Ravelry (members only), but there’s a reddit for Straight men who knit.
PS: I can’t find any indication that Tommy Hilfiger knits. He may well sell knitwear, but he almost certainly doesn’t knit or design it.