- 59g (Filatura Di Crosa Centolavaggi, cobweb weight, 100% wool),
- 194g (Knit Picks Palette, sockweight, 100% wool),
- 391g (DROPS Merino Extra Fine, DK weight, 100% wool),
- 428g (Malabrigo Worsted, Aran weight, 100% wool),
- 703g (Cascade 128 Superwash, bulky weight, 100% wool).
The above are popular yarns – other yarns may well produce different values, especially if they aren’t 100% wool: for example, 900yds of Malabrigo Chunky (bulky weight, 100% wool) is 900g, and 900yds of Knit Picks Billow (bulky weight, 100% cotton) weighs 750g.
If you have a ballband for this yarn, you can calculate the weight of 900yds by:
- multiplying the ball weight in g by 900, then
- dividing the answer by the ball yardage.
Another upvote for Ravelry as a resource, and adding Yarn Substitution.